Monday 13 January 2014

Creamy Carbonara Recipe

What's up Ketchup?
Hope your weekend was swell! 

Anyhoo, I'll do a short food recipe post today. ^__^ ~ <3

Last week, my friend requested that I cook and bring carbonara to work and I happened to be craving pasta at the time. So I obliged (and he still owes me Graham Cake. :p)



Prep time:

10 minutes

Cooking time:

20-25 minutes



Ingredients:


1 kg Pasta

2 cans of Mushrooms (sliced)

Bacon (cut into small bits)

Ham (cut into small squares)

2 packs of All Purpose Cream

2 cans of Milk

2 cans of Cream of Mushroom (But I used Cream of Asparagus instead.)

Half cup of grated Parmesan Cheese


Steps:


1. Cook pasta based on the instructions on the packaging. Set aside. (Run them in cold water once to avoid them from sticking.)

2. Pour a bit of cooking oil in a sauce pan and fry both the bacon and ham.

3. When the ham and the bacon are half done, put in the mushrooms. Fry until evenly cooked.

4. Pour the milk into the saucepan. Stir and simmer for about 5 minutes.

5. Add the packs of all purpose cream. Stir and simmer for another 5 minutes.

6. Then add the cream of mushroom (or asparagus, if you decided to use it.) Stir evenly.

7. Put in the Parmesan cheese. Stir and simmer until desired consistency is achieved.

8. Pour the carbonara sauce to you pasta and viola! Creamy Carbonara in the house!.



I put them in three separate containers and brought them to work. The verdict: I'm happy to say that they liked it! Yay! ~♥ 

Now empty containers. Haha!
Warms my heart that they enjoyed what I cooked. :) They asked me to bring another dish and I decided to bring some Siomai next time.

Till the next food trip!
~Sammy ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment