Monday 28 April 2014

Paint the World with Words



Hey yo, how's it going?
Hope everyone is doing spectacular. :)

As a form of practice (and fulfill my Carpe Diem resolution of writing more), I'll be starting a separate blog for my writing. You can check it here: A Blank Canvas.
 
I'll be creating short stories based on different writing prompts.
I will be using some writing prompts found at AmandaOnWritingJosgalHeather Hammel

My friends asked me what got me into writing fiction, I don't know exactly when I started writing ( Initially, I wanted to be an astronaut but by sixth grade I found out I sucked at Math so that kinda shot down the horse in the face. lol) But I always loved stories. I thank my Dad that he read to us every night. I literally will not go to sleep until he tells us a bedtime story. Then I discovered books and started reading books when I was four. Oh the wonder of it all! One book I was a princess, a brave soldier on the next. It's a different world, like TV inside my head but much better. 



My favorite book is the Adventure of Sherlock Holmes. Still is. I read it when I was eleven (though it was a children's version.) I read the real deal when I was fourteen. I always read the classics until I a senior in the library told me to read Harry Potter. We had them in our library (just book one to four though), I checked out all four them and read them in five days. That's how I got hooked with Fantasy books. I read Lord of the Rings and the Hobbit after that. :)

I probably got into writing because those books gave me a world that was beyond my dreams. It's amazing how they can come up with such wonders from an idea in their heads. Then I tapped into my imagination (think of Spongebob doing the rainbow bit. haha!) I began to wonder what it would be like to be in a another place, what it would feel like if I was somebody else, what would I do if I have superpowers. 




Then I began to write... and write and write. I write when I'm happy. I write when I'm sad. I write when I'm angry. I write when I'm in love. Heck, I even write when I'm hungry. But I never write when I'm bored. I believe, you see, that when I am writing, I am never bored. 

"If your eyes could speak, what would they say?"
~Max Vandenburg, The Book Thief
First one will be up by tomorrow.
Feel free to critique and leave feedback.  :) ♥


Lotsalove,
Spammy xoxo ~♫

No comments:

Post a Comment