Thursday 22 May 2014

Homemade Milk Tea


Howdy everyone?

This year's summer has been, by far, the hottest and the most humid I have ever experienced!

Goodness! Leaving your fan's side is a mistake and though turning up the AC greatly helps, it will also greatly rack up the electric bill!

I'm seriously considering locking myself inside the fridge. O__O
So what to do to beat the heat? Indulge in yummy cool treats, of course!
Ice cream is good but I prefer cold drinks. I place it on my bedside table while I read. :)
My drink of choice? Milk Tea!
I love milk teas from Gong Cha, Serenitea, Moonleaf and Dakasi. But a large milke tea can cost up to Php 100.00 to Php 120.00. It can get really costly if I drink them everyday so I decided to try and make my own.


Ingredients:
Tea bag of your choice (I used Lipton Yellow Label, it's just Php 4.00 per tea bag)
1 mug of hot water
1/4 cup of evaporated milk (adjust it according to your taste)
Sugar or Honey (adjust according to your taste)
1 tablespoon fresh orange juice (optional)
Ice (optional)
Tapioca pearls (optional)
Shaker (optional)

Steps:
1. Steep the teabag in the mug of hot water for about 3 minutes (If you want a stronger taste, let the tea bag sit longer.)
2. Pour the milk into the mug.
3. Stir in the sugar or honey.
4. Add the ice or let cool in the fridge.
*Optional
Add the orange juice.
Put the ice and milk tea in the shaker.
Shake it like a bartender!
Pour in a glass and add tapioca pearls.
Serve and Enjoy! 

Tadaaaaaa~

You can also adjust the measurement of the ingredients to make a whole pitcher to stock inside the fridge!

Enjoy! ~♥


Until the next post,
Sammy~♫

No comments:

Post a Comment