Sunday 18 May 2014

Siomai ala Spammy



Halu everyone!

This is a verrrrrry late post (I accidentally deleted them on my phone so I had to scour my hard drive for it. lol).

Anyway, as mentioned on my last food post I'll be cooking siomai, so here it is. Siomai is a kind of dumpling. Siomai in the Philippines can either be eaten as a snack or served with rice. 


Ingredients:

Ground meat (I opted for beef because I have a friend who practices Halal.)
Molo/Siomai Wrappers
Soy Sauce
Salt
Grated carrots
White Pepper
Saffron (optional)
Steamer
What you will need


Steps:

1. In a bowl, combine the meat, soy sauce, salt, carrots, white pepper, and saffron.
2. Mix until the ingredients are evenly distributed.
3. Let sit for a while to let the flavor be absorbed well.
4. Wrap them in using the molo wrappers. (Make sure you close the wrapper properly.)
5. Put them in the steamer. (I had to use a rice cooker steamer since I don't have a real steamer.)
6. Cook for about 20-25 minutes. (It will depend on the thickness of the meat inside the wrapper.)
7. Serve with soy sauce and calamansi (you can try adding chili oil).


Tadaaaaa~♫

I had leftover meat because I ran out of wrapper so I turned them to burger patties by adding barbecue sauce and peppercorns in to the bowl of meat, mixing them together and putting them on our electric grill. I brought them to work and they loved it! Yay!


Enjoy snackin'



until the next post,

Sammy~ ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment