How is everyone?
Guess what? I finally have another adventure entry to post but I'll post it tomorrow. (Haha!)
For now, here's another foodie post. ^__^
On my way to work, I passed by a Shrimp Shack construction and I have been craving shrimp since then. I badly wanted to eat Garlic Butter Shrimp but not one food joint near where I live is serving them I wanted to go to Dampa but all my friends were either busy or on a diet (just kidding!). I decided to cook the dish myself but I didn't know how to make it so I consulted the best Spicy Garlic Butter Shrimp maker I know: my mom. Haha!
I consider myself lucky that I grew up with my mom who makes super delicious Pinoy dishes. I texted her and she replied promptly. So here I am sharing the recipe I have loved since I was a little girl.
1/2 kg medium-sized shrimps
1/2 cup butter
1 cup Sprite or 7-Up
250 mL pineapple juice
1 small bottle of sweet chili sauce (I used the Jufran band)
2 tablespoon of minced garlic
1 small onion, chopped
1 small chopped siling mahaba (finger chili)
1. In a skillet or a frying pan, melt the butter and saute the garlic and onion.
2. Add the shrimp and wait until the butter is almost gone.
3. Pour the pineapple juice, Sprite or 7-Up and finger chili.
4. Simmer for a bit and wait until there's little liquid left.
5. Add the sweet chili sauce according to your taste preference.
Craving satisfied! As usual, I brought some to work and it was a success! Not bad for a first try if I do say so myself. *pats own back* hahaha!
Anyway, I hope you'll enjoy my mom's recipe if you decide to give this dish a try!
Until the next food craving,